Below is a free excerpt of "Essay" from Anti Essays, your source for free research papers, essays, and term paper examples.
1. The policeman is a / an (owl / night owl / lion / night lion),he stays up all night.
2. I like to (move / hurry / run / walk) the risk, I'm adventurous.
3. Wendy is always smiling. She is a/an (optimistic / cheerful / easy-going / reliable) person.
4. Carol gets upset very easily. I think she is a bit too (reliable / sensitive / ambitious / impatient).
5. I hit my hand on the desk . It really (pains / aches / suffers / hurts).
6. Ann had a big purple (pain / injury / bruise / heal)on his knee after he fell off his bike.
7. What are you doing? Waking me at the (aspect / crack / evolution / owl)of dawn?
8. The teacher said we (must / should / have to / needn't) hand our homework in tomorrow.
9. You don’t need to (wear / wore / worn / wears) your coat.
10. Let's put some music on, (should we / shall we / do we / have we)?
11. This restaurant is very cheap, (is it / isn’t it / is this / isn’t this)?
12. My alarm didn’t go (of / off / at / on) this morning.
13. The teacher told me to (go / give / let / bring) ahead.
14. Those sunglasses (must / can't / may / might)be Ali's . I'm sure they are.
15. The doctor said I (can't / mustn't / shouldn’t / needn't ) eat too much meat.
16. I can't do my homework. Do you think you (could / should / would / had to)help me?
1. I'm not disgusted by things that disgust others. (strong)
2. You aren’t allowed to make overseas calls. (can't )
3. I must study harder . (need)
4. I'm sure that Frank missed the train. (have)
5. Robin must be here . His car is still in the car park. (certain)
1. It's believed that the forest fires were lit by (smugglers / shoplifters / arsonists / kidnappers).
2. He got a 50 $ (sentence / charge / arrest / fine) for speeding in the centre of town yesterday.
3. He (might / can't / shouldn’t / ought to) be in Paris. I saw him in the library this morning.
4. If you...