Below is a free excerpt of "Project Management Plan" from Anti Essays, your source for free research papers, essays, and term paper examples.
“E-mail System Upgrade”
July 5, 2015
The given proposal deals with the description of a project related to the improvement of the existing e-mail system in an organization. The executives from all the departments have reported noticeable problems related to the functioning of the existing e-mail in the organization. In fact, it has made a serious impact on the productivity as well as the profitability of the business. Basically, the e-mail system is not functioning properly and needs to be upgraded with the latest technology in a quick time.
Needs of the situation: The faults existing in the present e-mail system hold a great significance for the organization. Subsequently, the situation demands an immediate attention from the management. However, it also provides an opportunity to not only rectify the existing faults but also upgrade the e-mail system as per the modern technology.
▪ As the current system has been in use from a long time, it needs to be upgraded with the modern technology.
▪ The organization is facing significant financial troubles owing to the disruptions caused by the e-mail system.
▪ The present situation needs to be resolved immediately before it assumes uncontrollable proportions.
▪ All the existing components of the e-mail system need to be modernized as they are resulting in a loss of time and money.
▪ Such an exercise is essential for the organization in order to sustain its competitive position in the market and maintain its profitability.
Objective of the Project: The fundamental objective of the proposed project is to strengthen the existing e-mail system and minimize the time and work losses caused as a result of it. Subsequently, it aims to reduce the operational costs and enhance the profitability of the organization. (Agarwal & Mishra, 2007)Apart from this, the project also aims to attain other goals:
▪ Upgradation of the existing servers.