Below is an essay on "Youth" from Anti Essays, your source for research papers, essays, and term paper examples.
FIRST AID SCENARIOS
SCENARIO 1: YOU ARRIVE HOME FROM SCHOOL AND DISCOVER A YOUNG CHILD FLOATING FACE DOWN IN THE BACKYARD POOL.
* Make sure before you go into the water to remove victim that you are not putting yourself in danger
* Remove the victim from the water as quick as you possibly can
* Check for response – can you hear me, open your eyes, what is your name, squeeze my hands (COWS) if the victim responds put them in the recovery position and reassure
* Call emergency services (ambulance)
* Check airways – if the airways are block put them into the recovery position and using two fingers unblock their airways and if they start to breathe leave them in the recovery position and reassure them until the ambulance arrives
* Check breathing – look, listening, feel and if the victim show signs of life put them into the recovery position, reassure them and wait for the ambulance
* If the victim is not breathing start CPR – 2 breathes first than 30 compressions and continues this until the ambulance arrives or until the victim show signs of life.
* If the victim shows sign of life put them into the recovery position, reassure them and wait for the ambulance
SCENARIO 2: IN THE FIRST HALF OF AN UNDER 15 SOCCER MATCH A PLAYER FROM THE OPPOSING TEAM PERFORMS A SLIDE TACKLE ACROSS THE LEGS OF YOUR STRIKER. YOUR PLAYER COLLAPSES GRASPING HIS RIGHT LEG SCREAMING IN AGONY.
* We would assume that his right leg was broken so we would make a bystander control the crowd and someone else around to call emergency services (ambulance)
* Ask consent from a family member to help
* Make sure that the striker does not make any movement at the site of the fracture.
* Immobolise the fracture as much as possible
* Reassure and comfort the striker until the ambulance arrives
SCENARIO 3: WHILE WATCHING A FOOTBALL MATCH A SPECTATOR IS SITTING NEXT TO YOU STARTS SHAKING UNCONTROLLABLY AND HAS NO CONTROL OVER HIS BODY OR LIMBS.